Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Prevention tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) University FAQ
- The Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) has set up a new 24/7 COVID-19 hotline: 1-800-722-5725.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 website
- Kentucky Governor Beshear and staff press conferences on COVID-19, including archives
- World Health Organization: Novel Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control Handwashing
- Fun flu awareness and handwashing video from the CDC
- Kentucky Department for Public Health: COVID-19