Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Prevention tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
EKU is working diligently with state and local public health agencies and our healthcare provider partners to develop a plan for access to COVID-19 vaccinations for EKU faculty and staff. You can find an outline of the phases for Kentucky vaccines here. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) University FAQ
- The Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) has set up a new 24/7 COVID-19 hotline: 1-800-722-5725.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 website
- Kentucky Governor Beshear and staff press conferences on COVID-19, including archives
- World Health Organization: Novel Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control Handwashing
- Fun flu awareness and handwashing video from the CDC
- Kentucky Department for Public Health: COVID-19