The Fall Contingency Planning Task Force has released new information concerning travel for employees. See the update.
The second update from the Fall Contingency Planning Task Force is available featuring information about the fall semester calendar. See the entire message.
The first communication from the Fall Contingency Planning Task Force arrived May, 18. It featured several developments under consideration to allow EKU to open its campus for the Fall semester. Highlights include: options for students, housing modifications, instructional considerations and more. See the entire message.
A portion of CARES funds earmarked for students affected by the COVID-19 virus has been received and being dispersed to identified students. Find out more about CARES.
EKU is prepared healthy at work information that was recently shared with the campus. See the video created to help keep EKU employees healthy and well.
The Student Assistance Fund for Eastern (SAFE) is your opportunity to provide financial support for EKU students in need. Learn how you can help.
- Instruction & Campus Life
- Housing & Residence Life
- Campus Offices/Services Schedule
- Regional Campuses
- Model Laboratory School
EKU’s Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 Exposure at EKU
Instruction and Campus Life
Are classes canceled?
All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses. EKU online courses (eCampus) will continue to follow their original schedule.
Students should expect to hear from faculty by Wednesday, March 18, about the extension of remote instruction until the end of the 2020 spring semester.
Any requests for accessibility services may be made through the Center for Student Accessibility at https://accessibility.eku.edu/online-application-services.
Will campus remain open?
What is EKU doing to protect the campus community?
Are campus events canceled?
Is commencement canceled?
What are EKU’s instructions to those who have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
How should managers and employees prepare?
What office should I contact if I’m worried about my health?
What changes has EKU made to travel regulations in order to make sure our students and faculty are safe?
When will the residence halls reopen?
Residence hall move-in will begin August 8th and continue until August 16th. Providing additional move-in time will allow for proper social distancing in elevators, stairwells, hallways and lobbies. First-year students are encouraged to move in prior to August 13th in order to be present for Big E Welcome activities. Students will be able to sign up online for a move in time.
If I have checked out of the residence halls but still have my key and fob, how do I return it?
Please mail back your key and fob by putting them in a bubble wrap envelope and tape them to the inside. This type of envelope is needed to ensure that the envelope doesn’t rip open in the mail. Please include a note with your name, and EKU ID number and address the envelope to:
EKU Housing & Residence Life
Whitlock CPO 51
521 Lancaster Ave
Richmond, KY 40475
Meal plans will begin on August 8, 2020
Campus Offices & Services
- Admissions: The EKU Welcome Center is open for scheduled visits only, but the Office of Admissions is closed until further notice.
Schedule a visit at: https://admissions.eku.edu/visit
- Advising: Meetings will be conducted in alternative formats. Check your EKU email for information or email your assigned advisor for instructions.
- Big E Transit: Pickup and drop-off at Grand Campus and Stratton only, 9 AM-7 PM; two riders per trip. More information at https://parking.eku.edu.
- Bookstore: Closed to all in-person traffic. Customer service available over the phone 8AM-5PM, online orders ongoing. More information at shopeku.com.
- Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center: Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center: Bratzke Center will be transitioning all meetings, tutoring , advising and mentoring sessions, and other services to fully online. Any previously scheduled appointments will be postponed until the week of March 23rd when our services will be available online during the time EKU is on alternative instruction. Bratzke Center Virtual Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00AM -4:30PM. Bratzke Center Staff is available via phone and email- for please check https://saasc.eku.edu/people for our contact information. Please contact Bratzke Tutoring Coordinator Keith Sconiers at email@example.com for any tutoring inquires.
Burrier Child Development Center: CLOSED beginning March 16, and will remain closed until Model resumes in-person classes, or until further notice.
- Campus Recreation: Closed. More information at https://campusrec.eku.edu
- Center for Student Accessibility: Available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Virtual tutoring is available, more information at https://accessibility.eku.edu.
- Colonels Cupboard: Open and operating with one-on-one appointments. More information at https://communityservice.eku.edu/Cupboard
- Conduct and Community Standards: available by email at email@example.com. If you would like to make a report regarding alleged student misconduct, you can make a report on our online submission form.
- Counseling Center: available by phone (859-622-1303) Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If you need to speak with a clinician, call EKUCC (859-622-1303) between 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday to speak by phone with the clinician on call. More information at https://counselingcenter.eku.edu/insidelook/office-hours-march-16-march-20-services-response-covid-19.
- Dean of Students Office: available by phone at (859-622-3436) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Eastern Scholar House Head Start: CLOSED March 16-20
- Financial Aid & Scholarships: Available by phone Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm by calling 859-622-2361. We can also be reached via email at email@example.com.
- First Year Courses: All Student Success Seminars (ASO, BTO, EDO, GSD, HON, HSO, JSO, and SCO courses) will be taught online for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester. Students should email their instructors directly regarding changes to course syllabi and schedules. More information at https://firstyearcourses.eku.edu/
- Health Services: Operating on a phone triage system, beginning Monday, March 16. Clinic hours will remain the same: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Students with an acute illness or other need will call the main number: 859-622-1761 and choose the appropriate option. If SHS staff determine the student should be seen, an appointment will be provided.
- Hummel Planetarium: The Hummel Planetarium will be closed to the public March 16-April 4. More details and contact information available at planetarium.eku.edu.
- Latino Recruitment and Retention: Contact office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library: Open to students, faculty and staff 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday; no item checkout. Online help is available. More information at https://library.eku.edu/
- Mail Services: Fully operational. Call (859) 622-1905 for more information.
- Multicultural Student Affairs: Multicultural Center is closed. More information at https://omsa.eku.edu.
- Noel Studio: Consultations are available ONLINE ONLY for Spring 2020; the space will be closed for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Students can schedule online consultations at studio.eku.edu and learn more about the process at studio.eku.edu/online-consultations. Please contact email@example.com with questions or concerns, or for assistance; our staff are working remotely and responsive via email.
- Office of Military and Veterans Affairs: Normal operating hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, due to COVID-19, we will be conducting business via email and telephone only through Friday, April 3rd, 2020. If students have an emergency or need access to the printers, they should contact OMVA immediately during normal operating hours.
- Parking and Transportation: Normal Hours
- Powell Student Center: First floor only open to students and employees 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Printing Services: Starting Monday, March 23rd, EKU Printing Services will be limiting our in-house operations. We are still available for all of your printing needs. We are monitoring firstname.lastname@example.org and will have a member of our staff in the office each morning until 10 AM to asses our needs and to bring in staff on an as needed basis.
- Public Safety: Normal Hours
- Student Life: Available by phone and email during normal operating hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Call (859) 622-3855 or email email@example.com. Visit our website for virtual engagement opportunities - https://studentlife.eku.edu
- Student Outreach & Transition Office (SOTO): Office is closed, but staff are available to answer calls, emails or return messages from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Virtual appointments can be made at:
- Student Success Center: Tutoring and mentoring services are all available online. Students will make appointments through AccuCampus and sessions will be delivered with Zoom. For instructions to make an appointment, go to https://successcenter.eku.edu/onlineappointments.
Our course coverage has not been impacted, and tutoring will be available online Monday-Wednesday 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- The Greg Adams Indoor Tennis Center will be temporarily closed March 12-23. More information available at https://tenniscenter.eku.edu/.
Beginning March 27, EKU Corbin will be closed to all in-person traffic and operating remotely until further notice. Our remote hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. You can reach EKU Corbin by phone at 606-528-0551 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
Beginning March 27, EKU Manchester will be closed to all in-person traffic and operating remotely until further notice. Our remote hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. You can reach EKU Manchester by phone at 606-598-8122 or by email at email@example.com. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
EKU Hazard at University Center of the Mountains will be will be operating remotely until further notice. All visitors should contact us by phone at 606-487-3209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
Beginning March 27, EKU Lancaster will be closed to all in-person traffic and operating remotely until further notice. Our remote hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. You can reach EKU Lancaster by phone at (859) 622-7108 or by email at email@example.com for questions. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
School of Justice Studies at Regional Campuses & Sites (SJS at RC&S)
Corbin and Manchester Campuses, Big Sandy (BSCTC) Pikeville and Prestonsburg Sites, Elizabethtown (ECTC) Elizabethtown Site, Hazard (HCTC) Hazard Site, Mountain Empire (MECC) Big Stone Gap, VA. Site, Somerset (SCC) Somerset Site, Southeast (SECTC) Cumberland, Middlesboro, and Whitesburg Sites.
Beginning March 27, EKU SJS at RC&S will be operating remotely until further notice. You can reach us by phone at (859) 622-6710 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. All instruction will be delivered remotely beginning March 23, through the end of the semester for spring 2020 courses.
EKU Regional Stewardship will be open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Visitors should contact by phone at 859-622-8865 or by email at email@example.com
Model Laboratory School
The decision has been made to cancel/postpone the March 18-19, 2020 Grad Fest. We are considering a modified version of the event tentatively in April to allow graduates to pick up commencement regalia. Please visit https://registrar.eku.edu/graduation-celebrations for more information and updates.
EKU Health Fair scheduled for March 25, 2020 is canceled.
Outstanding First-Year Student Awards
The Annual Outstanding First-Year Student Awards scheduled for March 31 has been cancelled. Certificates of achievement will be available in the Office of First-Year Courses, Whitlock 346 once students are allowed to return to campus. Winners should expect to receive a link to a pre-recorded awards ceremony that will announce students’ names and what their nominating instructors had to say about their performance in the classroom. All nominees are encouraged to apply to be First-Year Leaders in Fall 2020. Visit the First-Year Leader website to learn more. Interviews will take place either in April, either in-person or virtually depending on the situation. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the widespread suspension of collegiate athletics competitions, all OVC member institutions will cancel athletic-related activities, including all games through the end of the academic year and formal practices until April 3, 2020. Read more about the decision here.
The following EKU Center events are postponed. We are in the process of rescheduling these dates.
- March 19, 2020 – Combating the Opioid Crisis Featuring the Film Beautiful Boy (POSTPONED)
- March 24-25, 2020 – Blue Man Group (POSTPONED)
- March 29, 2020 – RAIN - A Tribute to the Beatles (POSTPONED)
- April 2, 2020 – Chonda Pierce (POSTPONED)
- April 3, 2020 – MasterChef Junior Live (POSTPONED)
- April 16, 2020 – Jerry Seinfeld (POSTPONED)
- April 22, 2020 – The Bachelor Live On Stage (POSTPONED)
- May 15, 2020 – Baby Shark Live (POSTPONED)
Embracing Change Conference
The Embracing Change Conference originally scheduled for March 27, 2020, has been canceled.
How can I help prevent illness?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.